Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wall Street Wednesday

I'm starting a new thing for Wednesdays. Wall Street Wednesday! For those of you interested, I will be giving a brief analysis of a company stock that I think is worth noting. Today's company is Family Dollar (FDO).

Family Dollar Stores Inc (FDO) has shown impressive stability this year amid economic storms. If you had put $10,000 into FDO this time last year, you would have $12,000 today! Compare this to industry peers Target (TGT): $10,000 last year would be worth $7,600 today. With an annual dividend increase of 9.82%, Family Dollar proves to be a positive growth and value stock amid financial turmoil. My vote is FDO for the long term.

3 comments:

Dan & Heidi Goodrich said...

I'm in! Oh and by the way I finally posted on my blog! He he he.

Unknown said...

I like where this is going. Keep it up!

chickens and coke said...

I agree with you Stephon...in these troubled economic times, people want to save money and of course begin to look for cheaper goods...hence FDO....also good to look at (but not sure if traded) is the 99cent store...always lots of people there especially buying produce....incidently the chicken plates you eat on at my house are from FDO...way to do your homework!