Friday, January 16, 2009

Financial Friday: Follow Up (Bill Pay Spreadsheet)

I realized that last week's post about creating a bill pay spreadsheet might have been a little dull and overly explanatory. I wanted to use today to post an example of what this spreadsheet might look like. Remember that this is only an example. This does not represent MY current situation. I made all these numbers up (although the percentage rates are close to what you would expect to see on most loans of that type). Here is a picture (click on the picture for a larger view):



Notice that by totalling the red "balance" section, you can easily see the total amount of debt you have incurred (this is why I leave all regularly occuring bills as $0).

I hope that helps! Also, if you know how to post a link that actually opens up this spreadsheet, please teach me! Post any comments or questions in the comments section.

No comments: