Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quotation of the Week 12/23/08: Rodman Philbrick

"If you try hard enough you can remember anything, whether it really happened or not."
-Maxwell Kane from Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick

Remember that time we were out shopping for Christmas presents and you accidentally tripped over that little booth in the mall? Sure you do! It was a booth selling mirrors. You and I were talking and I pointed out that new movie poster display--you know the movie you liked so much...what was it called again? Oh yeah! Wall E. Anyway, I pointed out this poster and you got distracted and tripped over this booth in the middle of the mall (you know how those are always out during the holiday season especially). They had all these mirrors shaped like famous people's faces and outlines and stuff. I actually thought the Elvis one was pretty cool--I think I even mentioned it to you. You remember! Right? Anyway, so you trip and break one of the Beatles mirrors (there were lots of those). This big dude selling the mirrors gets all upset and tried to make you pay for it! (They were grossly overpriced--something like $150 for a mirror the size of your palm). You wouldn't pay and he got real mad. I forked out the $150 plus an extra $10 for his troubles. Sure you remember, right!? I bet if you looked hard enough, you'd find those shards of glass in your closet somewhere...

No comments: