Monday, October 13, 2008

Top 08 Songs of 1988

Now that I'm getting into more recent years in music, I'm choosing a few extra favorites to share with everyone. I narrowed down the year 1988 into 8 of my favorite songs (each from a different album). I tried to put them in a good order, but I had a hard time deciding on specifics. Here we go:



08 - U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love) (Live) from Rattle and Hum
07 - Prince - Good Love from Crystal Ball (rarity from the movie Big Lights, Big City)
06 - Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Babies from No Rest for the Wicked
05 - Rush - Distant Early Warning (Live) from A Show of Hands
04 - R.E.M. - World Lead Pretend from Green
03 - They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng from Lincoln
02 - Metallica - One from ...And Justice for All
01 - Living Colour - Cult of Personality from Vivid




Living Colour is a band that I first discovered back in the days that I used to frequent used CD stores. I would often go to this place called CD World in Idaho Falls and listen to used CDs on the little headphone stations they used to have. I saw a Living Colour CD (a band I had not heard of) and was intrigued by the case (because it was an all-clear red color). I listened to it and found it very catchy! I bought that album (called Stain). However, I think I sold it at some point. (I just found out that it is now out of print! D'oh!). The song Cult of Personality gained extra recognition for me when I heard it on Guitar Hero 3. Although I don't mind saying that I discovered this song from a video game, I do mind telling you that the guitar solos have vested me on it!

No comments: